Another great week, and I back with an update. Last weekend was a bit crazy, so I missed the regular reading list. I’d like to thank everyone who gave me some great feedback on my logo designs, it was very helpful. Of course there were a fairly wide range of votes, so I can know that it just wasn’t that I couldn’t make a decision, and that aspects of all the designs appealed to different folks. I’ll have to have a logo unveiling next week, along with a post about the experience I had running the logo design contest.
On to the reading list
These are the things I found funny, interesting, or educational. all are good reads, and you should go take a look.
- Tackling our Debt had a bunch of great lessons from starting a home based business a while back.
- Ever pretended not to have money for protection? Add-Vodka has, go see and add to the discussion.
- Well Heeled Blog discusses a the biggest money fight she had with her husband.
- Is buying an expensive car a mistake? See Modest Money’s take.
- American Debt Project gives you 9 Ways she could have avoided debt.
- How much do your kids know about money? See some hilarious quotes over at See Debt Run.
- Money Infant has a list of 8 things you must do after paying off debt. Take a look.
- Looking at hiring a financial adviser? Free Financial Adviser has 5 good reasons and a couple bad ones.
- Who would take out a car loan for more than the car was worth!? Emily at Evolving Personal Finance did.
- Are you a playa? Live the swinging life and see how to invest at Step Away from the Mall.
- Newlyweds on a Budget just paid off all their credit card debt! Hooray!
- Want to work long hours with lots of travel for about minimum wage? Andrea as So Over Debt didn’t.
- Are you a beginning blogger like me? Are you doing the 20 things that you shouldn’t be? If so, stop!
- If men think of rich as having stuff, why are so many sales geared toward women? See more at The Money Principle.
A huge shout-out to all those generous blogs out there who were kind enough to include my writings in their carnivals and roundups. I really do appreciate it, and I’ll continue to try and produce interesting, actionable, and thought-provoking articles to keep you coming back.
- The Free Financial Adviser has the Blog Posts of the Week, featuring my article on Playing your Finances like a Video Game
- Frugal Zeitgeist hosted the Carnival of Financial Planning this week, and mentioned my lifestyle trade-offs post
- Modest Money posted his Beginning of March 2012 Blog Update with some great articles
- The Dollar store and Friday’s Circle of Friends over at Tackling our Debt has another bunch of fun reads
- I was featured in the Friday Round-up over at Credit Karma. Thanks!
Want some free money or stuff?
- Your Finances Simplified is giving away $50. go win it!
- How about a free iPad2 from modest Money?
- The Passive Income Earner has free eBooks and cash available to win!
Thanks again, I appreciate your readership. Any comments, feedback, or other suggestions are welcome!