This was a week for spring cleaning. I took Friday off and we got rid of a bunch of clutter that was bothering us. We had a number of bags of clothes and other things, plus a few boxes of older electronics, and miscellaneous stuff that we gave away. It was very cleansing, but particularly difficult because the sun was out and the weather was generally fantastic. My Alexa rating stands at 113k, and I’ve had unique daily visitors up over 125 for each day of April so far. I really appreciate all the visitors and support that you give via the reading, commenting, and emails. Thanks! The next metric I think I want to track is the facebook likes. if you haven’t already, I’d really appreciate you hitting that big facebook “f” icon over on the sidebar and liking my page and posts. Go ahead and do it now. I’ll wait. OK great. Thanks again for the like.
Devotional readings and links
There was a lot of great stuff to read in the last week. There were some really terrific articles out that I thought brought a lot of value and actionable activities for readers. Some of the best included:
- Step Away From the Mall offers ways to teach your kids to save money. Do this work with below-average adults too?
- Jason pissed off all the women on the internet by asking should he sell his wife’s wedding ring over at WorkSaveLive.
- Check out Jeremy’s childhood hockey card gambling problem over at Modest Money. Did he ever make it big?
- Some Hunger Games deep thoughts over at American Debt Project.
- Money Smart Guides has advice on Negotiating medical costs.
- Bonuses and incentives were discussed over at 101 Centavos. Good stuff, as usual.
- Frugal Portland tries to find the perfect Birthday present.
- This That and the MBA talks about gas prices. And nice logo!
- Retire by 40 talks about passive income. Check it out.
- Debt and Buried asks you to Empty your pockets. No, you’re not being held up.
- Is it time to retire? Your Finances Simplified looks at 6 international locations.
- What do you need to be happy? See Debt Run tells you what makes them happy.
- Quitting your job is stupid. But Suba at Wealth Informatics tells you the tale.
- Tackling Our Debt has another in the great Let’s Talk Money series. This time with Jason.
- Evolving Personal Finance asks about the point of calculating your net worth.
- Tips for interns and newbies over at Add-Vodka.
- Allowance and overprotective parents. Good ideas from the Free Financial Adviser.
- Newlyweds on a Budget has a new place! Go take a look at all the pictures!
- Speaking of homes, Kari (whose name is way to close to mine) continues her home buying series. Buyer consultation.
- Daily Money Shot talks about dog troubles, dog poop, dog vomit, and other things dog. Plus the dog was OK!
- Abstainer or moderator? It works in so many areas! Go check out the Well heeled Blog.
Alright, that’s it for the long list of great reading. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend. I’m headed to the slopes for some spring snowboarding out on a bluebird day.